Gurkha VC Kukri (Honoring the VCs)
This is a tribute to the war heroes who gave everything, even their lives in the line of duty. Their priceless devotion, loyalty, bravery and personality have earned them enormous respect, distinction and worldwide recognition. We will always remain grateful and gratified to these great people for giving us our identity and national pride. They are the true heroes of Nepal. This khukuri is a dedication to the Gurkha VCs by KHHI to mark its utmost admiration and deepest remembrance. “We salute you all”.
A famous “World War” version is picked for this noble purpose. Since the formation of 1st Gurkha Military unit back in early 19th century many kukri knives have come into limelight and countless legendary tales attached to it. The World War version is one of them and believed to have been used by British Gurkhas towards the end of 2nd world war period. The documented sources do not really point to the fact that it was issued then but because of its more effective size, shape and weight Gurkhas were individually found widely using the kukri during the war torn days.
In the hand of these fearless Gurkhas, World War became a formidable and often victorious knife that an opponent had to face against reluctantly. And thus the legend was born which continues to reign even today.
A perfect displayer to keep at home or office, to honor the war heroes who stood in the harm’s way, who gave their lives for others.
There are altogether 8 Gurkha VCs displayed in the blade on both sides. Each of them has their own valiant story and courageous military action. The names are given as follows:
- VC Rambahadur Limbu
- VC Lachhiman Gurung
- VC Gaje Ghale
- VC Kulbir Thapa
- VC Tulbahadur Pun
- VC Agansing Rai
- VC Ganju Lama
- VC Thaman Gurung.
(The price also includes wooden display stand)
Size of blade: 11 inc
Materials: water buffalo leather scabbard, water buffalo horn handle, 2 x small knives
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 625
- Overall weight (gm): 825
- Shipping weight (gm): 1175
- Blade finishing: Mirror
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: Dharan, Eastern Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 10
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Water buffalo leather scabbard
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Military, Gift, Show Piece, Collection
Write a Review
Give us your valuable review on our items.