The remarkable success of the raw black bladed version encouraged and influenced the creation of this unique kukri having even more benefit and feature..
Gurkhe (Bodyguard); a celebrated kukri knife >>
Historic info / backgrund of this Kukri
A sort of tribute to the legendary Gurkhas and their famous kukri knife. A Gurkha is well known for his loyalty, courage and ferocity and so is his kukri he owns and uses as the most feared and trusted weapon and a tool. This “Gurkhe” kukri comes as a celebration of these two iconic bodies and represents the duo in the best way possible. A dedicated Gurkha standing as a bodyguard with his kukri knife hanging from his waist is the best scene one can imagine when you are a victim of an offence (terrorism). When you are in wrong time at wrong place, a gurkha and his kukri can be your savior.
Story behind the name >> The remarkable success of the raw black bladed version encouraged and influenced the creation of this unique kukri with even more benefit and feature added. Gurkhe is a desire to handcraft an outstanding and exceptional executioner to meet a user’s tall order and to safeguard him at the same time. The name “Gurkhe” is given to denote a typical Gurkha who would die to defend and to guard his honor, duty and territories, and hence the title “Bodyguard”. It’s a worthy name chosen to denote and refer this knife to the legendary Gurkhas, their caliber and their amazing persona.
Features/ attraction of this Gurkha knife
- 8” raw black blade = to camouflage rusting (should there come) and to conceal any innate marks/defects;
- Large elongated bevel = to inflect deep cut and lethal blow;
- 8” bladed = handy, mobile, easy to use yet enough coverage to undertake decent tasks;
- World war version blade = effective and balanced shape with easy operation (in and out)
Handle of Gurkhe
- * Extra thick iron/steel fixtures = durability, lasting and matching;
- Full flat tang with twin rivets = heavy duty work, resilience, power, strength, long lasting;
- Horn ridged handle = strength, good look, sturdy and firm grip, dry (not slippery) handle, easy and effective handling
Scabbard/ Sheath/ Dap
- Belt loop = Dual carriage, belt cum thigh – waist level in belt or thigh level in thigh;
- Lanyard facility = to tie around thigh / knee portion to grab and prevent from wobbling;
- Cut throat = extra distinctive look;
- “G” farus (frog) = to represent Gurkhe, its name;
- Belt strap = to hold the handle (blade) tightly, ies the kukri strongly to the scabbard making it very easy to carry even in speed motion *
[* Unlike as shown in the photo bolster (kanzo) has been replaced by iron/steel plate]
Use / purpose >> This 8” Gurkhe knife synonyms of the great Gurkhas with its excellent qualities and advances is an awesome kukri knife to carry and hold, to swing, to be with at all times, be it dark or light – to save, protect and defy an enemy’s attack and nature’s fury.
Size of blade: 8 inches approx.
Raw Materials / Features: Water buffalo scabbard, buffalo horn / Black wood ComFort full-flat-tang handle with twin rivets and ridges, "G" frog with belt strap (holder), lanyard string/lace, high carbon raw blade
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 500
- Overall weight (gm): 600
- Shipping weight (gm): 950
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Water buffalo
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: Iron
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Trekking, Defending, Hunting, Jungle warfare, Regular Work, Domestic use
Give us your valuable review on our items.
Thank you for reaching out, I've been meaning to contact you.
Your customer service is outstanding, and I could be happier with my Gurkhe(Bodyguard) Kukri, Craftsman Ajay Magar (Laure) did a fantastic job!
Thank you very much.
P.S. I was pleased with the shipping time also.
Respectfully, Joseph "Clint" Strickland
Date: 15th April, 2019
i received my kukri bodyguard, thank you very much it even looks cooler than on the picture, really nice work of your kami Kiran Biswakarma, thank you, you are an artist.
olcay seref, Germany
Sale ID / Warranty #: 17435 P1
Olcay Seref Germany