Panjawal khukuri with Gripper in handle
It is a modern day improved khukuri; many of the late arrivals of KHHI created to better perform and better serve its master. The regular traditional handle is altered into a knuckle-shaped handle (as depicted in the picture) that allows each finger to stay at the curvature firmly and hence the user can hold the blade comfortably and strongly and thus can perform a job more swiftly and safely. This unique and effective feature of the handle of this kukri actually makes it THE knife to work with.
“Panja” in Nepalese means “Palm” and since the knife is targeted to provide sturdy yet comfortable grip to the palm, the khukuri is named so. Its a standard version with the blade measuring about 10 inch long and the blade is polished for better look. It is not a military issue but some soldiers prefer to carry it as their training kukri because of its effective size and solid-grip providing handle.
Panjawal (Gripper) kukri, an important and unique kukri designed to deliver perfect grip, ideal balance and better feel would probably be ‘the’ knife to carry in your next trekking or hunting or any outdoor-wild tour. Panjawal, one of late additions of KHHI designated for those who seek for a real cutting khukuri knife.
Size of blade: 10 inch approx.
Materials: water buffalo leather scabbard, water buffalo special palm- grip horn handle, 2 x small knives
Origin: KHHI, KTM, Nepal
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 560
- Overall weight (gm): 775
- Shipping weight (gm): 1075
- Blade finishing: Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: Karda Chakmak
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Polished
- Sheath: Black Leather
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Domestic use, Combat, Regular Work, Trekking
Give us your valuable review on our items.