Raw 3 Chirra Kukri (OLD SCHOOL)
In today’s phase where people/maker are doing whatever they please and can in the name of style and uniqueness and trying to give a so called new extra ordinary product; this typical khukuri from the past, “Raw 3 Chirra Kukri” comes as a great reliever and an eye pleaser to all those who know and knew this simple iconic knife as the “Khukuri”.
KHHI in its long years in business has along with special and unique khukuris made many modern and ultra modern ones that are very well accepted by the public and the associated society. Having said that the OLD SCHOOL boys have always been the BEST and have always bettered and battered the new comers. “Old is GOLD” is the conceptual plan and vision behind the making of the “Raw 3 Chirra Kukri (Old School)" by KHHI. The simple and rugged features yet the essential and the best have always defined the old boys and made them proudly stand tall amongst its new counterparts. Keeping the same sentiment and feelings at heart KHHI has picked up this traditional khukuri that has been the core and pride of the very name, the “KHUKURI” till date - to add versatility to its traditional collection. Moreover the very popular and useful version, the “3Chirra” has been selected as the main background of the knife to add strength, depth and power to this version. R3C gives a stronger reason as to why one should stick to the old folks that still carry the legacy and is just perfect for those who prefer the old school system over the new fancy and sophisticated ones, performance over beauty and inner strength rather than the outer appearance. R3C is a brutal force that is 100% hand forged to exhibit a knife’s cutting ability to another whole new level, to heavily rely on, and as they say “to please the old conservative and stubborn master from the ice age”.
- 13” long for good reach and coverage
- RAW finishing for durability and strength
- Chirra or Fuller version for power, performance and beauty [supports the knife physically and technically by equally distributing the impact/pressure felt by the edge when slammed against an object. The shock felt by the edge is evenly distributed in a wavy form to all parts of the blade before it finally reaches the spine (stress cannot go straight to the spine). The chirras also cut down the unnecessary weight of the blade. The “Forging and Grinding” of the Chirra in the blade is a difficult work that requires great skill and hard work which is done by a very qualified craftsman only]
- Balanced weight for easy and swift use
- PeakLESS for easier draw IN and OUT (handling)
- 5” long traditional (has long been well accepted and admired by users) PARAWAL (stick tail tang) handle affixed by high quality epoxy for Regular and Heavy duty works
- Ridges and Rings are discarded for easier, more comfortable and better grip
- Thick 18 gauge Brass plate is used for Bolster and Butt Cap for heavy duty usage and to avoid rust (no maintenance)
Sheath and Frog::
- Traditional Black scabbard is used for easy handling and typical look
- A special modified frog that can carry the knife in an angular position is adapted for easier and more effective carriage. The khukuri hangs from the belt in such a way (see photo) that drawing in and out is easier and faster. The Special frog also aids the user to carry the knife in chest area in a conceal way
Blade size: 13 inches approx.
Handle size: 5 inches approx.
Blade Thickness: 9 mm approx.
Weight: 725 gms approx. (Blade+Handle)
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (released on 23rd July 2015)
Materials / Features: Black leather sheath with Angular carrying frog, Hard wooden stick tang handle (saaj), 5160 steel, Brass fixtures
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related] Info leaflet [Info of Gurkhas and Khukuri]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 725
- Overall weight (gm): 925
- Shipping weight (gm): 1300
- Blade finishing: RAW
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 9
- Handle finishing: Unpolished
- Sheath: Black leather sheath
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2015-07-23
- Tang type: Stick
- Fixture: Brass
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Chirra
- Materials: Brass fixtures
- Function: Heavy Duty, Jungle warfare, Gift, Hunting, Military, Outdoor, Combat, Regular Work
Give us your valuable review on our items.