Humvee (Desert Special)
A double sharp edged bladed having a solid and comfortable grip is a violent warfare knife and a friendly domestic cum outdoor knife at the same time..
Humvee (Desert Special) Kukri; its double edge and comfortable handle are its main strength
The HumVee is the new addition to the KHHI’s vast product line. An interesting and catchy name “HumVee” is given to honor the legendary high-tech high-mobility utility vehicle used by US Armed Forces and also to characterize the kukri knife to its amazing quality and superior features. The HumVee kukri like the real HumVee vehicle has the ability and quality to perform to its highest class by delivering great satisfaction and a job-well-done reaction.
HumVee, a double sharp edged bladed having a solid and comfortable grip is a violent warfare knife and a friendly domestic cum outdoor knife at the same time. Humvee (Desert Special) by its name makes its clear the need and importance of Khukuri to survive the menace of the deserts.
This desert kukri can be companion to all those whose are are seeking a extreme survival in the desert. Its compared to be as strong as the Humvee, hence can be used as desert survival knife. This desert kukri has sharp cutting edge on the both side of the the blade. The handle color gives the contemporary looks matching the desert conditions.
- 10.5 inch blade with double bevel/edge; large and small for all type of cuttings
- Sharp and sleek shape to even function as a stabbing knife
- A very contemporary and stylish look - Unpolished finishing for better temper
- Full flat tang riveted handle for strength and durability
- Very comfortable and sturdy grip handle
- Shaft like construction on both ends (top and bottom) of handle to safeguard the holding hand within handle section
- 3 x rivets + 1 x lanyard hole
- Normal BLACK leather sheath having cream leather string and lanyard loop for matching look
- Attach Frog for easier and effective carriage
Size of Handle: 5 inch approx.
Thickness: 7.5 mm approx.
Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal (released on 6th Jan 2013)
Material/Features: Normal black leather sheath, Full flat tang riveted white Indian Rosewood handle, double edge blade high carbon steel
KHHI also supplies the following Promotional Materials with every shipment:
- KHHI Warranty Card [1 year Guarantee + Lifetime Warranty]
- KHHI Brochure [Company's profile, its websites, products and related]
- KHHI Manual [Tips and techniques on handling, maintaining and using a Khukuri]
- Design Khukuri Pamphlet [Custom-design your own khukuri/ knife through KHHI]
- Letter from MD [An official letter addressed by the MD himself to the buyer]
- Letter of Declaration [Letter of authenticity and confidence declared by FHAN (Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal)]
- Actual Weight (gm): 615
- Overall weight (gm): 750
- Shipping weight (gm): 1100
- Blade finishing: Semi Polished
- Blade sharpness: Standard (very sharp)
- Blade material: 5160
- Place of Origin: KHHI, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Accompanying knives/B-up: None
- Blade thickness (mm): 8
- Handle finishing: Semi pollished
- Sheath: Normal black leather
- Released date of KHHI Nepal: 2013-01-06
- Tang type: Full Flat
- Fixture: None
- Edge grinding: Semi convex
- Edge Hardness: 55-57 hrc
- Blade (panel) Grinding: Full Flat
- Function: Stabbing, Lethal, Military, Combat, Regular Work, Hunting
Give us your valuable review on our items.
HumVee (Desert Special) 10.5"
I received the "HumVee (Desert Special 10.5") along with a kydex sheath for easier work carry. The knife is very nice, with a few minor exceptions 1) the blade has rust spots right above the handle and the 2) kydex sheath is very thin (unsubstantial). I can buff out the rust but that will blemish the blade finish and it should not have rust on a new blade. The kydex sheath needs to be more substantial (thicker) for such a large blade, I should have ordered the "western leather" sheath but didn't want the rust factor involved with a leather sheath .
Date: 10th August, 2020
Robin Orten Texas, USA
13.5 inch humvee
Date: 6th September, 2019
james Henderson Canada
All I can say is how impressed I am with the quality of my first Khukri. A friend saw it and really liked it so I bought one for him as a gift. I have yet to open the package so he can do that. I'm sure it is every bit as nice as mine and will be sure to comment further after Christmas when I give it to him.
Thank you for the prompt turn around time. It arrived sooner than expected.
Date: 15th December, 2018